Culture&Arts

Crowd cheers Queen's arrival at Sandringham church after Prince Philip crash

Crowd cheers Queen's arrival at Sandringham church after Prince Philip crash

The Duke of Edinburgh has been photographed back behind the wheel as one of the women involved in last Thursday's vehicle crash was said to be "unhappy" with how the Palace had handled the accident.

The photograph published by British media Saturday showed Philip, 97, driving a new Land Rover near the royal residence at Sandringham.

After being made aware of the images, Norfolk Police said "suitable words of advice" had been given to the driver.

Royal advisers were trying yesterday to reach the two women involved in the Duke of Edinburgh's vehicle crash after one of them complained that she had been ignored and was lucky to be alive.

The duke's Land Rover flipped onto its side during the crash with the Kia on Thursday (Picture: Mega Agency) The mum-of-two said she was unhappy with how the incident has been dealt with by police and Buckingham Palace.

The crash happened on Thursday afternoon as Philip's Freelander pulled out of a side road onto a stretch of the A149 which was earmarked by the local authority for possible safety measures.

Despite Buckingham Palace stating that well wishes had been exchanged between Emma and the duke, she said the only person she has heard from is the police family liaison officer.

"I still haven't had any contact from the royal household", she told the newspaper.

"Maybe he should prioritise that over test driving his new auto".

More news: Saudi teen says she wants to work for freedom for women

The 46-year-old was in the passenger seat of the auto that crashed and broke her wrist.

The duke passed a police eyesight test on Saturday, a source confirmed. "This is in line with our standard response when being made aware of such images showing this type of offence".

He said: "I rushed to the other auto first - there was smoke coming out as if it may explode. He said 'The Queen and Prince Philip would like to be remembered to you, '" Fairweather said.

Mrs Warne's 75-year-old husband, Roy, helped the stricken duke out of his vehicle.

The accident - and Philip's subsequent driving apparently without using a seatbelt - is raising questions about his continued use of public roadways.

He passed a vision test administered Saturday as part of the investigation into the accident.

A woman who broke her wrist in a vehicle crash with Prince Philip claims she has not received an apology from the royal family even though she could have been killed.

The 97 year old prince has been seen driving his vehicle just two days after he escaped from getting hurt in a awful accident in a miraculous manner.