JK attack ends, hunt on for 7 terrorists

JK attack ends, hunt on for 7 terrorists

Three suicide attackers carrying a massive arsenal of guns and explosives had broken into the base near the Srinagar airport before dawn on Tuesday and opened fire leaving one soldier dead before they were killed after a 10-hour gunbattle.

Soon after the attack, the routes leading to the airport were sealed and all morning flights were suspended. As the attack happened, BSF Assistant Sub Inspector BK Yadav, who was injured in the terror attack, succumbed to his injuries.

SRINAGAR, Indian-controlled Kashmir, Oct. 3 (Xinhua) - At least three troops of India's Border Security Force (BSF) were wounded Tuesday in a predawn militant attack on their camp in restive Indian-controlled Kashmir, police said. The Pakistan-based militant group Jaish-e-Mohammad claimed responsibility for that attack.

Officials said the militants fired indiscriminately and threw grenades at security pickets before entering the BSF camp where most inmates were asleep. "Firing is ongoing", BSF officers said. That is why Pakistan is now pushing in foreign terrorists in huge numbers, they say.

"One BSF personnel has been killed so far and three are injured". The first terrorist was killed at the gate by the guards, the second terrorist was killed inside the mess and the third inside the administration building. The particular battalion handles the security of runway at the airport.

More news: Samsung Odyssey looks like the best Windows Mixed Reality headset yet

IGP Khan said such attacks will not end.

While south Kashmir is considered a bastion of new-age militancy, there are credible reports about militants establishing a strong network in north Kashmir's Bandipore district.

The area also houses training centres of the BSF and CRPF.

Activities of the nearby Srinagar airport have been curtailed and the Kashmir Valley School located close by has been ordered shut.

State Director General of Police S P Vaid said the three terrorists who had sneaked into the BSF camp had been "neutralised". "All flights to and from Srinagar have been resumed from Srinagar International Airport", he said.